The day is HERE!! It’s Halloween!! 😉 The endless candy bowls and bags of candy are surrounding you! The temptations are everywhere. IF you are on a fitness journey to get healthier and if you have GOALS you wish to achieve, then stick to your reasons for wanting to be BETTER, healthier, stronger or more fit! Those skinny jeans WILL fit IF you choose to stay on track! It is important to remember your WHY — WHY you chose to lose inches and pounds….WHY did you choose to start a new fitness journey…….WHY did you DECIDE to feel better? Ask yourself, “Would the extra candy be WORTH it?” Candy, yes, is delicious, I GET IT!! BUT — it also does nothing for you in terms of your GOALS!! I know that you have it within you to say NO to those Reeses PB cups!! IF you are already on a fitness journey, don’t RUIN all of your hard work with silly little candies! Here is an example of how many exercises you would need to do in order to negate the candy you eat. I found this on-line and I think that it really helps to put things in perspective! 😉
From now until the end of the year, temptations will be EVERYWHERE!! There will be cookies and cakes at the office, candy bowls in every doctor’s office and goodies on sale at every grocery store. Retailers will try to tempt you and market to your weaknesses. This is a time of year when people tend to use the holidays as an excuse to indulge a bit more, thus the holiday weight gain will ensue. DON’T BE A VICTIM!! 🙂 THINK about what choices would be a *better* option for you. There are SO many clean eating options to choose instead. You will not only feel much better, you will not be sluggish, irritable or feel bloated. I realize the ONE piece of candy won’t have terrible effects on your overall health…..but who can stop at ONE?? I can’t, so that’s why I don’t even touch the stuff! Over time, however, sugar can have massive negative effects on your health. Cancer cells feed off of sugar! Sugar can also contribute to signs and symptoms of ((pre-mature)) aging ————> Um, no thank you! Here are some more things to be cognizant of, in terms of sugar consumption. Like I already mentioned, these results are over time, not just in one piece of candy. Sugars are in *many* foods — just be sure to read your nutrition labels if you aren’t already a clean eater. Be AWARE of what you’re putting in your body…..it WILL thank you later!
Sugar is the devil! The only thing it does well — is taste good!! Here are a few healthy & clean alternatives to satisfy your sweet tooth!
PEANUT BUTTER CUPS ARE MY WEAKNESS!! Here is a healthy alternative! 😉
Also — if you are needing so HELPFUL TIPS on how to survive this candy-filled weekend……….here are some ideas:
1. STEEL CLEAR of the candy — -OUTTA SIGHT, OUTTA MIND!! I find that it’s less tempting if things aren’t around me! If you CAN — throw it out, ask your spouse to hide it or to put it in a place where you can’t reach it!
2. If you are going to a Halloween party and you know the temptations will be EVERYWHERE, eat before you go and bring a healthy dish to share.
3. Drink WATER to help keep you full!
4. Create a healthy alternative like the ones above to fulfill your sweet tooth! — > Keep it clean!
5. If you don’t HAVE to buy the candy — then DON’T!! Retailers will discount the huge bags for you to buy because of the price! DON’T give in! Just walk on by! 😉
6. If you are going to indulge — -then be sure to track it! Keeping tabs on your daily caloric intake will help you to be more cognizant of what it is that you eat. Myfitnesspall is a great app to help you do this.
7. MOVE! You can burn off the extra calories or if you already ARE on a fitness journey, don’t sabotage it by indulging in your child’s candy bag! 😉 YOU ARE WORTH YOUR GOALS!!
If you would LIKE to START a fitness journey with me, let me know! Comment below and I will be in touch shortly!